These cookies are one of my favorite. They have a sweet almond flavor, crunchy on the outside and moist and chewy on the inside.
- 250 grams almond flour scant 2 1/2 cups
- 200 grams sugar approx 1 cup
- lemon zest of one medium lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon disaronno liquor
- extra granulated sugar for rolling sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Position rack in the center.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk almond flour and sugar together.
- Add grated lemon zest and whisk a few more times. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg whites to a soft peak stage.
- Whisk in the disaronno
- Gently fold in the egg whites to the dry ingredients until dough is moist.
- Scoop by tablespoon. With slightly damp hands, press your palms into the plate of sugar.
- Roll each ball of dough with your sugar coated palms and then again in the sugar found on the plate.
- Place on the paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown in color.
- Will keep for 3-4 days.