One of the best parts of Valentine’s Day is the candy, so why not try making some simple chocolate candy at home.
· 1-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
· 1-3/4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
· 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
· 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
· 1 tsp Vanilla extract
· 2 tablespoons shortening
· Optional ingredients: chopped almonds, sliced almonds, sprinkles and additional coconut
· In a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract.
· Shape into 1-in. balls (Might get sticky – use extra powdered sugar on your hands to help prevent sticking if needed)
· Refrigerate or place in freezer for about 10-15 min
· In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave in 20 second increments, stirring each time until melted.
· Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off.
· Add sprinkles or shredded chocolate (optional)
· Place on waxed paper
· Let dry