If you can’t get to the store to buy Easter candy, don’t worry because I have you covered. You can make your own candy at home. Learn how to make these chocolate-peanut butter Easter eggs.
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup unsalted butter (melted)
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add powdered sugar and peanut butter to your stand mixer (or use a hand mixer), beat until combined.
- Add melted butter and beat until smooth.
- Add milk, vanilla and salt, continue to beat until a soft and smooth dough forms. The dough may be a little crumbly, which is ok
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out to about ½ inch thickness. Cut the dough using an egg shaped or round cookie cutter
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet and freeze for 30-60min
- Add chocolate chips and shortening to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 20-30 seconds increments, stirring after each one until fully melted
- Using two forks, dip each peanut butter egg into the melted chocolate to coat. Place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Chill for 20 minutes, or until chocolate hardens