These cookies are very popular around Christmas. They are lightened sweetened and then glazed.
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
zest of 2 lemons
juice of 1 lemon
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs until frothy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add sugar. Continue to whisk until well combined and slightly thickened..
- Add the oil, milk, extract, zest and juice of lemon. Combine well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until well combined, dough will be soft.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop dough with medium-sized cookie scoop and drop on a floured surface.
- Roll into a 4 inch strand about 1/2 inch in diameter.
- Shape into a concentric circle, with the ends overlapping.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Glaze cookies before serving