These taste just like a cup of hot cocoa!
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 cup finely crushed peppermint candies
- Line a baking sheeting with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until tops are cracked.
- Let cool
- Whiling cookies are cooling melt chocolate chips in microwave until smooth (make sure you stir the chocolate every 20-30 seconds)
- Drop a teaspoonful of marshmallow creme into the center of each cookie.
- Dip half of each cookie into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off
- Immediately sprinkle with candies.
- Let dry